Dark Online Games Forums PH
If you are a registered user please login if not then **** OFF!!!

Dark Forums v2 Update 2013

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
Top posters
†DarkZeroskull† (235)

vipcheat (137)

latestcheat1 (126)

maryann1995 (115)

EdWaRdEx (114)

sigoy57 (103)

jordan05 (55)

DarkVengeanceSoul (45)

ChromiumTheGod (41)

Xtianzkeel (34)

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

An Introduction to NyteSparrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nytesparrow
Dark Student

Male
Number of posts : 1
Warning Level: :
Dark Exp : 3
Dark Rep : 5
Registration date : 2013-05-22

PostSubject: An Introduction to NyteSparrow   Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 am

It is a pleasure to introduce myself as a new member of the forums. I have been involved in the Massive Multiplayer Online RPG scene since the early 1990s when the games were text based and they were called MUDs. I still play the same MUD that started me in this genre in 1992 but now I am an Administrator in charge of Technical Issues. Pretty much I fix bugs, add features to the MUDlib, teach new Creators how to code in LPC. While I enjoy maintaining a fresh, enjoyable and stable game for our community I found that it has turned into work.

I looked around for a game that I could play to relax WoW is overrated and takes itself too seriously for a game with linear advancement and player development. I tried a few new MUDs but my background always led me to fixing their code problems. Then I stumbled upon AQW. It made me laugh. It is clever enough to balance out what it may lack in complexity.

The other day I was thinking about the way Flash ActiveX interacts with server side code and I realized that it would be simple to code something that could sit between the two as a hack. I found that someone already did the work for me. I joined the forums to learn what I can about the current capability and then hopefully contribute myself.

Feel free to pick my brain because you can be sure that I will be picking yours!
That's it for now,

NyteSparrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile

An Introduction to NyteSparrow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1